The selected word "can" appears 24 times in the following 15 texts (sorted by results):
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (4 results)
79 The power of herbs can other harms remove,
87 The hand that can my captive heart release
92 Or who can probe the undiscovered wound?
94 Nor changing skies can hurt nor sultry air.
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (3 results)
64 Can opener skies and suns of fiercer flame
72 Unmanly thought! what seasons can control,
73 What fancied zone can circumscribe the Soul,
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (3 results)
41 Can storied urn or animated bust
43 Can Honour's voice provoke the silent dust,
115 'Approach and read (for thou can'st read) the lay,
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (2 results)
34 What wondrous force the solid earth can move,
49 All angry heaven inflicts or hell can feel,
- A Long Story (2 results)
20 Can you do nothing but describe?
134 'Why, what can the Viscountess mean?'
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (1 result)
12 (Go! you can paint it well) 'twill profit you,
- The Candidate (1 result)
14 When she died, I can't tell, but he once had a wife.
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
43 P, Proteus-like, all tricks, all shapes can show,
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (1 result)
48 Pain can reach the sons of Heaven!
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (1 result)
26 Can powers immortal feel the force of years?
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
8 When Celadon commands, what god can disobey?
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (1 result)
23 What female heart can gold despise?
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (1 result)
26 Soft Reflection's hand can trace;
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
92 This can unlock the gates of joy;
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
1 Then thus the king: 'Whoe'er the quoit can wield,
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.