The selected word "from" appears 100 times in the following 29 texts (sorted by results):
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (9 results)
23 From where the rolling orb, that gives the day,
31 They follow pleasure and they fly from pain;
46 Oft o'er the trembling nations from afar
51 The blue-eyed myriads from the Baltic coast.
74 Who, conscious of the source from whence she springs,
84 Not but the human fabric from the birth
93 To brave the savage rushing from the wood,
98 (As lawless force from confidence will grow)
102 From his broad bosom life and verdure flings,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (8 results)
7 'To save thy secret soul from nightly fears,
8 'From Cambria's curse, from Cambria's tears!'
59 "From thee be born, who o'er thy country hangs
104 'They melt, they vanish from my eyes.
121 'Hear from the grave, great Taliessin, hear;
132 'Gales from blooming Eden bear;
143 He spoke, and headlong from the mountain's height
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (8 results)
9 Save that from yonder ivy-mantled tower
18 The swallow twittering from the straw-built shed,
20 No more shall rouse them from their lowly bed.
73 Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife,
77 Yet even these bones from insult to protect
91 Ev'n from the tomb the voice of nature cries,
124 He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.
126 Or draw his frailties from their dread abode,
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (7 results)
36 From voluntary realms, a puny boy,
48 To shrink from danger; fear might then have worn
51 If bright ambition from her craggy seat
128 (Slaves from the womb, created but to stare
140 Shall from the dust uprear his reverend head,
144 And lighten from thy eye: around thee call
173 If from the realms of night my voice ye hear,
- Ode for Music (7 results)
13 From yonder realms of empyrean day
19 Yet hither oft a glance from high
25 Meek Newton's self bends from his state sublime,
33 'In cloisters dim, far from the haunts of Folly,
40 From haughty Gallia torn,
65 Foremost and leaning from her golden cloud
75 'Shall raise from earth the latent gem
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (6 results)
3 From Cynthia all that in my numbers shines;
25 The fruitful muse from that auspicious night
43 Here Mutina from flames and famine free,
75 Me from myself the soft enchantress stole:
78 From her loved door may my pale corse be borne.
90 Or drive the infernal vulture from his prey.
- A Long Story (6 results)
22 From whence one fatal morning issues
25 The first came cap-a-pee from France
98 Forth from their gloomy mansions creeping
100 And from the gallery stand peeping:
142 And guard us from long-winded lubbers,
144 And keep my lady from her rubbers.
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (6 results)
4 Swift at the word, from out the gazing host
12 Of Pisa one and three from Ephyre.
30 When blazing 'gainst the sun it shines from far,
39 Sure flew the disc from his unerring hand,
53 So from the astonished stars, her nightly train,
77 As when from Aetna's smoking summit broke,
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (4 results)
7 While from his jaws, with carnage filled,
25 Till from out the hollow ground
30 And drags me from the realms of night?
36 That calls me from the bed of rest?
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (4 results)
1 From purling streams and the Elysian scene,
2 From groves that smile with never-fading green,
11 But happy fields and mansions free from pain,
49 But differ something from the world in fashions.
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (4 results)
3 From Helicon's harmonious springs
45 And death, sad refuge from the storms of fate!
83 Far from the sun and summer-gale,
109 Scatters from her pictured urn
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (4 results)
5 Much have I borne from cankered critic's spite,
6 From fumbling baronets and poets small,
18 Better the roast meat from the fire to save,
22 So from our works sublimer fumes shall rise:
- [The Death of Hoel] (3 results)
4 To rush and sweep them from the world!
16 From the golden cup they drink
20 But none from Cattraeth's vale return,
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (3 results)
5 And ye, that from the stately brow
15 I feel the gales, that from ye blow,
72 Then whirl the wretch from high,
- The Candidate (2 results)
21 From dinner she rose with her bumper in hand,
25 Did not Israel filch from the Egyptians of old
- [Epitaph on a Child] (2 results)
1 Here, freed from pain, secure from misery, lies
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (2 results)
31 Eight times emerging from the flood
37 From hence, ye beauties, undeceived,
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (2 results)
6 The sleeping fragrance from the ground;
15 And, lessening from the dazzled sight,
- Song I (2 results)
3 To start from short slumbers and look for the morning—
6 Sounds that steal from my tongue, by no meaning connected!
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (2 results)
1 From his dire food the grisly felon raised
15 My wrongs and from them judge of my revenge.
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
55 Remote from cities lives in lone retreat,
- [Epitaph on Sir William Williams] (1 result)
7 From fortune, pleasure, science, love, he flew,
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (1 result)
7 But chiefly thee, whose influence breathed from high
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (1 result)
9 Or roused by sprightly sounds from out the trance,
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
11 When you rise from your dinner as light as before,
- Ode to Adversity (1 result)
16 And from her own she learned to melt at others' woe.
- Satire on the Heads of Houses; or, Never a Barrel the Better Herring (1 result)
30 Has from them his system took;
- Stanzas to Mr Bentley (1 result)
12 And catch a lustre from his genuine flame.
- [Translation] From Tasso [Gerusalemme Liberata] Canto 14, Stanza 32-9. (1 result)
6 Scarce the hoarse waves from far were heard to roar,