The selected word "love" appears 22 times in the following 14 texts (sorted by results):
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (5 results)
31 Yet would the tyrant Love permit me raise
64 To die is glorious in the bed of love.
70 Another love, the quicker let me die.
80 And find a cure for every ill but love.
107 Love and the fair were of his life the pride;
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (4 results)
1 Love, gentle power, to peace was e'er a friend:
2 Before the goddess' shrine we too, love's votaries, bend.
16 Age step 'twixt love and me, and intercept our joy;
56 Be love my youth's pursuit and science crown my age.
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (2 results)
21 Of the unpledged bowl, they love not Aconite.
176 He was the cause. My love, my fears for him,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
126 'Fierce war and faithful love,
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
108 'Or crazed with care, or crossed in hopeless love.
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] (1 result)
16 With life, with memory, and with love.
- [Epitaph on Sir William Williams] (1 result)
7 From fortune, pleasure, science, love, he flew,
- Ode for Music (1 result)
42 That wept her bleeding love, and princely Clare,
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
65 Or pining Love shall waste their youth,
- Ode to Adversity (1 result)
46 Teach me to love and to forgive,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
41 The bloom of young desire and purple light of love.
- [Sketch of his Own Character] (1 result)
3 Could love and could hate, so was thought somewhat odd;
- Song II (1 result)
12 Spare the honour of my love.
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
9 The love of honour bade two youths advance,
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.