The selected word "she" appears 59 times in the following 19 texts (sorted by results):
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (12 results)
4 She is my genius, she inspires the lines;
6 She tunes my easy rhyme and gives the lay to flow.
13 Or if to music she the lyre awake,
15 And sing with what a careless grace she flings
17 If sinking into sleep she seem to close
22 She half accepts and half rejects my fires;
23 While to retain the envious lawn she tries,
27 In brief, whate'er she do, or say, or look,
71 But she, the mistress of my faithful breast,
108 He lived while she was kind, and, when she frowned, he died.
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (7 results)
12 She saw; and purred applause.
13 Still had she gazed; but 'midst the tide
22 She stretched in vain to reach the prize.
26 Again she stretched, again she bent,
30 She tumbled headlong in.
32 She mewed to every watery god,
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (5 results)
7 Say, she retired to Antium; there to tend
9 What if you add, how she turned pale and trembled:
190 So her white neck reclined, so was she borne
193 And oft reverted eye, as if she knew not
194 Whether she feared or wished to be pursued.
- A Long Story (4 results)
51 She'd issue out her high commission
111 She curtsies, as she takes her chair,
132 She smiled, and bid him come to dinner.
- Ode for Music (4 results)
67 'Welcome, my noble son,' (she cries aloud)
78 'Not obvious, not obtrusive, she
82 'She reveres herself and thee.
84 'The laureate wreath, that Cecil wore, she brings,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (4 results)
37 Where'er she turns the Graces homage pay.
39 In gliding state she wins her easy way:
60 She deigns to hear the savage youth repeat
89 'This pencil take,' (she said) 'whose colours clear
- The Candidate (3 results)
14 When she died, I can't tell, but he once had a wife.
21 From dinner she rose with her bumper in hand,
22 She stroked up her belly and stroked down her band.
- [Parody on an Epitaph] (3 results)
2 She swept, she hissed, she ripened and grew rough,
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (2 results)
74 Who, conscious of the source from whence she springs,
78 She bids each slumbering energy awake,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
57 "She-wolf of France, with unrelenting fangs,
123 'Bright Rapture calls, and soaring, as she sings,
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] (2 results)
8 She felt the wound she left behind.
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (2 results)
23 Oh say— she hears me not, but, careless grown,
28 She rode triumphant o'er the vanquished world;
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (2 results)
4 She wooes the tardy spring,
51 She eyes the clear crystalline well
- Ode to Adversity (2 results)
14 With patience many a year she bore:
16 And from her own she learned to melt at others' woe.
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
83 And many a holy text around she strews,
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
8 She had a bad face which did sadly molest her.
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
14 My soul, when first she tried her flight to wing,
- [Tophet] (1 result)
6 Blushed as she blessed her grisly proselyte:
- [Verse Fragments] (1 result)
2 She bows her meek & humble head
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.