The selected word "tear" appears 13 times in the following 10 texts (sorted by results):
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (3 results)
43 The tear forgot as soon as shed,
61 These shall the fury Passions tear,
77 That mocks the tear it forced to flow;
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
58 "That tear'st the bowels of thy mangled mate,
66 "A tear to grace his obsequies.
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (1 result)
10 You think, you spied a tear stand in her eye,
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (1 result)
37 The social smile and sympathetic tear.
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (1 result)
77 That their flaxen tresses tear,
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
123 He gave to Misery all he had, a tear,
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] (1 result)
14 A sigh; an unavailing tear;
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (1 result)
106 And say, while o'er the place you drop a tear,
- Ode to Adversity (1 result)
32 And Pity, dropping soft the sadly-pleasing tear.
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (1 result)
16 Grease his best pen, and all he scribbles, tear.
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.