The selected word "you" appears 32 times in the following 12 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (11 results)
3 His mother shall obey him. Say you saw her
9 What if you add, how she turned pale and trembled:
10 You think, you spied a tear stand in her eye,
12 (Go! you can paint it well) 'twill profit you,
58 To such a mother owes; the world you gave him
64 You bade the Magi call the dreadful powers
68 Perish (you cried) the mother! reign the son!
80 These were your gift, and with them you bestowed
169 And you, ye manes of ambition's victims,
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (4 results)
56 Cried, 'Father, why do you gaze so sternly?
57 What would you have?' Yet wept I not or answered
66 Our sufferings, sir, if you resume your gift;
67 These miserable limbs with flesh you clothed;
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (3 results)
1 You ask why thus my loves I still rehearse,
29 And many a copious narrative you'll see,
106 And say, while o'er the place you drop a tear,
- [Impromptus] (3 results)
4 If you scratch him will fester.
11 When you rise from your dinner as light as before,
12 'Tis a sign you have eat just enough and no more.
- The Candidate (2 results)
7 Not I, for the Indies! you know I'm no prude;
31 'Never hang down your head, you poor penitent elf!
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (2 results)
13 In vain you think to find them under E,
39 Like perch or pike in pond you see him come;
- A Long Story (2 results)
19 Your history whither are you spinning?
20 Can you do nothing but describe?
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
37 Nor you, ye Proud, impute to these the fault,
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (1 result)
57 You, whose young bosoms feel a nobler flame,
- [Lines on Dr Robert Smith] (1 result)
1 Do you ask why old Focus Silvanus defies,
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
42 P.S. Lucrece for half a crown will show you fun,
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (1 result)
4 Though now a book and interleaved, you see.
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.