The selected word "day" appears 23 times in the following 16 texts (sorted by results):
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (3 results)
23 From where the rolling orb, that gives the day,
55 A brighter day and heavens of azure hue,
67 Fade and expire beneath the eye of day?
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (3 results)
58 All that whole day or the succeeding night,
70 That day and yet another, mute we sat
72 Quick to devour me? Yet a fourth day came,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
27 'Vocal no more, since Cambria's fatal day,
136 'Raised by thy breath, has quenched the orb of day?
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
1 The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
87 Left the warm precincts of the cheerful day,
- [Translation] From Tasso [Gerusalemme Liberata] Canto 14, Stanza 32-9. (2 results)
45 The watery glimmerings of a fainter day
66 And mix attempered in a various day.
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (1 result)
20 Break out, and flash a momentary day,
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (1 result)
62 Each in his proper art should waste the day.
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
7 At his command admit the eye of day:
- A Long Story (1 result)
92 And begged his aid that dreadful day.
- Ode for Music (1 result)
13 From yonder realms of empyrean day
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
48 The thoughtless day, the easy night,
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (1 result)
32 Gilds with a gleam of distant day.
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
36 But flutter through life's little day,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
29 On Cytherea's day
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
27 With doubled light it beamed against the day:
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] (1 result)
5 In this clear wave he first beheld the day;