The selected word "did" appears 13 times in the following 8 texts (sorted by results):
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (4 results)
25 Oft did the harvest to their sickle yield,
27 How jocund did they drive their team afield!
50 Rich with the spoils of time did ne'er unroll;
122 Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
- The Candidate (2 results)
25 Did not Israel filch from the Egyptians of old
28 He drinks: so did Noah; he swears: so do I.
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (2 results)
16 'That I did trust him, that I was betrayed
81 The fourth, what sorrow could not, famine did.'
- [Conan] (1 result)
9 Did the sword of Conan mow
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
8 She had a bad face which did sadly molest her.
- A Long Story (1 result)
86 The powerful pothooks did so move him,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
86 To him the mighty Mother did unveil
- [Sketch of his Own Character] (1 result)
5 A post or a pension he did not desire,