The selected word "eye" appears 24 times in the following 15 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (6 results)
10 You think, you spied a tear stand in her eye,
45 Oped his young eye to bear the blaze of greatness;
114 Have not forgot [my] sire: the eye of Rome
144 And lighten from thy eye: around thee call
158 The cool injurious eye of frozen kindness.
193 And oft reverted eye, as if she knew not
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (3 results)
65 "No pitying heart, no eye, afford
116 'Her eye proclaims her of the Briton-line;
124 'Waves in the eye of heaven her many-coloured wings.
- Ode for Music (2 results)
71 'Thy liberal heart, thy judging eye,
90 'With watchful eye and dauntless mien
- The Triumphs of Owen. A Fragment (2 results)
27 Where his glowing eye-balls turn,
31 Marking with indignant eye
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (1 result)
67 Fade and expire beneath the eye of day?
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
90 Some pious drops the closing eye requires;
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
7 At his command admit the eye of day:
- A Long Story (1 result)
27 Whom meaner beauties eye askance,
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
76 And hard Unkindness' altered eye,
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
31 To Contemplation's sober eye
- Ode to Adversity (1 result)
28 With leaden eye, that loves the ground,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
24 The terror of his beak, and lightnings of his eye.
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (1 result)
82 He finished; then with unrelenting eye
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
67 Then, with a tempest's whirl and wary eye,
- [Verse Fragments] (1 result)
1 The Joy that trembles in her eye
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.