The selected word "him" appears 47 times in the following 21 texts (sorted by results):
- A Long Story (10 results)
10 When he had fifty winters o'er him,
12 The Seal and Maces danced before him.
71 Conveyed him underneath their hoops
86 The powerful pothooks did so move him,
88 He went, as if the Devil drove him.
114 Had in imagination fenced him,
116 And all that Groom could urge against him.
117 But soon his rhetoric forsook him,
119 A sudden fit of ague shook him,
132 She smiled, and bid him come to dinner.
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (9 results)
3 His mother shall obey him. Say you saw her
46 Showed him where empire towered, and bade him strike
58 To such a mother owes; the world you gave him
87 Carry to him thy timid counsels. He
88 Perchance may heed 'em: tell him too, that one
156 My thought aches at him; not the basilisk
159 I will not meet its poison. Let him feel
176 He was the cause. My love, my fears for him,
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (4 results)
98 'Oft have we seen him at the peep of dawn
109 'One morn I missed him on the customed hill,
114 'Slow through the church-way path we saw him borne.
120 And Melancholy marked him for her own.
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (3 results)
5 Him the dog of darkness spied,
14 (The groaning earth beneath him shakes,)
56 His brother sends him to the tomb.
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (3 results)
16 'That I did trust him, that I was betrayed
32 His young ones ran beside him. Lanfranc there
83 Askance he turned him, hasty to renew
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (2 results)
31 Pleased with his pranks, the pisgys calls him Puck,
39 Like perch or pike in pond you see him come;
- The Triumphs of Owen. A Fragment (2 results)
10 Squadrons three against him came;
28 Thousand banners round him burn.
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
60 "The scourge of heaven. What terrors round him wait!
- The Candidate (1 result)
29 To refuse him for such peccadillos were odd;
- [Conan] (1 result)
2 Build to him the lofty verse,
- [Epitaph on a Child] (1 result)
6 Now let him sleep in peace his night of death.
- [Epitaph on Sir William Williams] (1 result)
4 Nor Envy dared to view him with a frown.
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (1 result)
20 To Providence, to him my thoughts I'd raise,
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
4 If you scratch him will fester.
- Ode for Music (1 result)
24 And, as the choral warblings round him swell,
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (1 result)
48 To him are opening Paradise.
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
86 To him the mighty Mother did unveil
- Satire on the Heads of Houses; or, Never a Barrel the Better Herring (1 result)
12 To him bears affinity;
- Sonnet [on the Death of Mr Richard West] (1 result)
13 I fruitless mourn to him that cannot hear,
- [Tophet] (1 result)
3 I saw them bow and, while they wished him dead,
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
3 Let him stand forth his brawny arm to boast.'