The selected word "mother" appears 12 times in the following 7 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (6 results)
3 His mother shall obey him. Say you saw her
58 To such a mother owes; the world you gave him
67 If the son reign, the mother perishes.
68 Perish (you cried) the mother! reign the son!
117 And mother of their Caesars. Ha! by Juno,
182 And sink the traitor in his mother's ruin. Exeunt.
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (1 result)
86 But mother of the giant-brood!
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] (1 result)
2 A friend, a wife, a mother sleeps:
- A Long Story (1 result)
59 Rummage his mother, pinch his aunt,
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
86 To him the mighty Mother did unveil
- [Tophet] (1 result)
5 Our Mother-Church with half-averted sight
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] (1 result)
9 Secure within his mother's watery state.
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.