The selected word "not" appears 56 times in the following 21 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (13 results)
21 Of the unpledged bowl, they love not Aconite.
59 Suffices not to pay the obligation.
84 Of rage, and thinks to quench the fire it feels not.
97 Sweat under iron harness? Is he not
108 Of bleak Germania's snows[?] Four, not less brave,
114 Have not forgot [my] sire: the eye of Rome
120 The trump of liberty; there will not want,
156 My thought aches at him; not the basilisk
159 I will not meet its poison. Let him feel
161 But not to Antium— all shall be confessed,
181 Let me not fall alone; but crush his pride,
185 Lent us his wings, we could not have beguiled
193 And oft reverted eye, as if she knew not
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (7 results)
10 'I know not who thou art nor on what errand
17 By trusting, and by treachery slain, it recks not
43 Gave not to know their sum of misery,
47 Foresaw, foreknew; oh! if thou weep not now,
57 What would you have?' Yet wept I not or answered
71 And motionless. O earth, could'st thou not gape
81 The fourth, what sorrow could not, famine did.'
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (3 results)
6 The soil, though fertile, will not teem in vain,
16 Smile not indulgent on the rising race,
84 Not but the human fabric from the birth
- The Candidate (3 results)
7 Not I, for the Indies! you know I'm no prude;
18 Not I,— for a coronet, chariot and six.'
25 Did not Israel filch from the Egyptians of old
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (3 results)
39 Not Marius' Cimbrian wreaths would I relate,
65 Happy the youth, and not unknown to fame,
93 The bed avails not or the leech's care,
- A Long Story (3 results)
16 Though Pope and Spaniard could not trouble it.
23 A brace of warriors, not in buff,
36 Alas, who would not wish to please her!
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
43 'No more I weep. They do not sleep.
108 'Ye unborn ages, crowd not on my soul!
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (2 results)
6 Not like yon dowager depressed with years:
29 P pokes his head out, yet has not a pain:
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
29 Let not Ambition mock their useful toil,
119 Fair Science frowned not on his humble birth,
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (2 results)
23 Oh say— she hears me not, but, careless grown,
27 Not thus of old, with ensigns wide unfurled,
- [Lines on Dr Robert Smith] (2 results)
2 And leaves not a chestnut in being?
3 'Tis not that old Focus himself has got eyes,
- Ode for Music (2 results)
78 'Not obvious, not obtrusive, she
- Ode to Adversity (2 results)
35 Not in thy Gorgon terrors clad,
44 To soften, not to wound my heart,
- [Sketch of his Own Character] (2 results)
2 He had not the method of making a fortune:
5 A post or a pension he did not desire,
- [Verse Fragments] (2 results)
6 —'tis Ridicule & not reproach that wounds
7 Their vanity & not their conscience feels
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
6 He eat a fat goose and could not digest her—
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (1 result)
40 Not all that tempts your wandering eyes
- Song I (1 result)
8 They smile, but reply not. Sure Delia will tell me!
- Song II (1 result)
10 Prove not always winter past.
- Stanzas to Mr Bentley (1 result)
17 But not to one in this benighted age
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (1 result)
11 But may not honey's self be turned to gall