The following 12 texts (sorted by results) match your query "power" (21 results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (7 results)
P Poppaea. Agrippina, to support her own power, and to wean the
26 In haughty youth and irritated power.
28 Of haughty youth and irritated power,
40 Some edileship, ambitious of the power
81 The very power he has to be ungrateful.
89 Who had such liberal power to give, may still
90 With equal power resume that gift, and raise
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (3 results)
79 Alike they scorn the pomp of tyrant-power,
P Power of harmony to calm the turbulent sallies of the soul. The thoughts are borrowed
P Power of harmony to produce all the graces of motion in the body.
- A Long Story (2 results)
4 Employed the power of fairy hands
78 The power of magic was no fable.
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
33 The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power,
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (1 result)
9 Ah, Ignorance! soft salutary power!
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (1 result)
79 The power of herbs can other harms remove,
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (1 result)
1 Love, gentle power, to peace was e'er a friend:
- Ode for Music (1 result)
57 'What is grandeur, what is power?
- Ode to Adversity (1 result)
1 Daughter of Jove, relentless power,
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] (1 result)
59 And smiles malignant on the labouring power.
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] (1 result)
8 Fear he disdains and scorns the power of fate,
- [Verse Fragments] (1 result)
4 [...] beyond the power of Sound.