The selected word "state" appears 7 times in the following 7 texts (sorted by results):
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
4 'They mock the air with idle state.
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
51 Slow follow all the quality of state:
- Ode for Music (1 result)
25 Meek Newton's self bends from his state sublime,
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
17 (At ease reclined in rustic state)
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
39 In gliding state she wins her easy way:
- [Sketch of his Own Character] (1 result)
6 But left church and state to Charles Townshend and Squire.
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] (1 result)
9 Secure within his mother's watery state.