The selected word "tide" appears 8 times in the following 6 texts (sorted by results):
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (2 results)
61 The encroaching tide, that drowns her lessening lands,
107 That rise and glitter o'er the ambient tide.
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
69 "The swarm that in thy noon-tide beam were born?
144 Deep in the roaring tide he plunged to endless night.
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (1 result)
107 With stubborn nerves the tide, and face the rigour
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (1 result)
13 Still had she gazed; but 'midst the tide
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] (1 result)
10 The youth exulting stems the bloody tide,
- [Translation] From Tasso [Gerusalemme Liberata] Canto 14, Stanza 32-9. (1 result)
22 And sports and wantons o'er the frozen tide;
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.