The following 9 texts (sorted by results) match your query "would" (17 results):
- A Long Story (5 results)
34 Coarse panegyrics would but tease her.
36 Alas, who would not wish to please her!
93 The godhead would have backed his quarrel,
127 'Numbers would give their oaths upon it,
143 That to eternity would sing,
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (2 results)
P acquaint her with his fears that her son Nero would marry
11 And would have dropped, but that her pride restrained it?
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
103 'His listless length at noontide would he stretch,
106 'Muttering his wayward fancies he would rove,
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (2 results)
31 Yet would the tyrant Love permit me raise
39 Not Marius' Cimbrian wreaths would I relate,
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (2 results)
4 Began: 'Would'st thou revive the deep despair,
57 What would you have?' Yet wept I not or answered
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
37 Would tire alike your patience and my muse.
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
98 Thought would destroy their paradise.
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
118 Yet oft before his infant eyes would run
- Song II (1 result)
2 Ere the spring he would return.