The selected word "may" appears 15 times in the following 8 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (4 results)
88 Perchance may heed 'em: tell him too, that one
89 Who had such liberal power to give, may still
138 Yes, we may meet, ungrateful boy, we may!
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (3 results)
56 May tell of Jove and Phlegra's blasted plain,
78 From her loved door may my pale corse be borne.
89 May the long thirst of Tantalus allay,
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
59 Some mute inglorious Milton here may rest,
97 Haply some hoary-headed swain may say,
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (2 results)
3 Still may his bard in softer fights engage:
6 Me may Castalia's sweet recess detain,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
79 "Reft of a crown, he yet may share the feast:
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
50 We frolic, while 'tis May.
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (1 result)
6 My inmost heart? Yet if the telling may
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (1 result)
11 But may not honey's self be turned to gall