"I do not love notes, though you see I had resolved to put two or three. They are signs of weakness and obscurity. If a thing cannot be understood without them, it had better be not understood at all."
The Resources section is designed to be a general area for secondary materials of use to readers of Gray's works. It offers a framework for a structured repository of secondary literature for those reading, teaching, researching, and studying Gray's works. It aims to provide an overview and background information on various aspects of Gray's life and work, and to help readers by providing an introduction to Gray studies in print and online. It will develop and expand as a workspace area incorporating the contributions, suggestions, and proposals received from its users. The editor welcomes contributions to this section and suggestions for further additions.
The Resources section comprises the following categories:
- Finding Aid: integrated guide to Gray manuscripts
- Concordance: concordance to the complete poems
- Criticism: research and teaching materials
- Biography: biographical sketch
- Chronology: chronological table of Gray's life and works
- Glossary: people, places, and literary terms relevant to Gray's life and works
- Bibliography: select bibliography of primary and secondary texts
- Gallery: portraits, places, illustrations, maps
- Related Links: links to related online resources