The selected word "is" appears 51 times in the following 19 texts (sorted by titles):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (4 results)
1 'Tis well, begone! your errand is performed.
69 He reigns, the rest is heaven's; who oft has bade,
97 Sweat under iron harness? Is he not
157 More deadly to the sight than is to me
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (6 results)
29 'Cold is Cadwallo's tongue,
67 "Is the sable warrior fled?
68 "Thy son is gone. He rests among the dead.
98 "(Weave we the woof. The thread is spun)
100 "(The web is wove. The work is done.)"
- The Candidate (2 results)
8 But his nose is a shame and his eyes are so lewd!
23 'What a pother is here about wenching and roaring!
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
1 Great D draws near— the Duchess sure is come,
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (5 results)
35 Who is he, with voice unblest,
38 Is he that calls, a Warrior's son.
40 Tell me what is done below,
41 For whom yon glittering board is spread,
47 Balder's head to death is given.
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
45 Perhaps in this neglected spot is laid
55 Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
- The Fatal Sisters. An Ode (2 results)
41 Low the dauntless Earl is laid,
52 Sisters, cease, the work is done.
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (4 results)
4 She is my genius, she inspires the lines;
64 To die is glorious in the bed of love.
91 For ills unseen what remedy is found,
96 Today the lover walks, tomorrow is no more;
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
43 But Mrs. Oldfield is become a nun.
- A Long Story (2 results)
21 A house there is (and that's enough)
35 Melissa is her nom de guerre.
- Ode for Music (3 results)
57 'What is grandeur, what is power?
61 'Sweet is the breath of vernal shower,
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (2 results)
41 Gay hope is theirs by fancy fed,
99 No more; where ignorance is bliss,
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (2 results)
38 Know, one false step is ne'er retrieved,
41 And heedless hearts, is lawful prize;
- Ode on the Spring (5 results)
21 Still is the toiling hand of Care;
32 Such is the race of man:
48 On hasty wings thy youth is flown;
49 Thy sun is set, thy spring is gone—
- On L[or]d H[olland']s Seat near M[argat]e, K[en]t (1 result)
10 No tree is heard to whisper, bird to sing:
- Satire on the Heads of Houses; or, Never a Barrel the Better Herring (6 results)
8 In the same dirt is dawdling;
10 Is of the same kidney;
14 Is as like as two peas,
16 Is as like as two beans;
24 By the rest is enticed;
28 Is of the like tenet;
- Stanzas to Mr Bentley (1 result)
18 Is that diviner inspiration given,
- The Triumphs of Owen. A Fragment (1 result)
30 Hasty, hasty Rout is there,
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (1 result)
8 But what awaits me now is worst of all.