This selected bibliography focuses on studies directly related to Gray and his works. The 583 items currently listed are availbale organised by form of publication, sorted by year of publication, and sorted alphabetically by author/editor. Readers can also consult the list of links to related online resources for more information on relevant online materials. The bibliography has been arranged:
- Chronologically by year of publication (single page)
- Alphabetically by author/editor (single page)
- Typologically by type of publication (six pages)
- Editions of Gray's poetry: post-18th century editions (including translations) of the works
- Editions of Gray's other writings: post-18th century editions of his correspondence, journals and notebooks, and other prose
- Bibliographies, biographies, and concordance: bio-bibliographical materials
- Other media and arts: spoken recordings, music, and works of art
- Monographs and collections: full-length studies and edited collections
- Articles: journal articles and book chapters
Key Gray bibliographies
- Bradshaw, John: "Bibliography". The Poetical Works of Thomas Gray: English and Latin [e-text], ed. with an introduction, life, notes, and a bibliography by John Bradshaw. London: George Bell & Sons, 1891, 305-319.
- García Landa, José Ángel: "Thomas Gray (1716-1771)" [DOCX]. A Bibliography of Literary Theory, Criticism and Philology, ed. by José Ángel García Landa, University of Zaragoza, Spain.
- McKenzie, Alan T. and B. Eugene McCarthy: "Selected Bibliography: Thomas Gray (1716-1771)" (14 December 2001). c18 Bibliographies On-Line, ed. by Jack Lynch, International Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies.
- Northup, C. S.: A Bibliography of Thomas Gray [e-text]. Cornell Studies in English, 1. New Haven and London: Yale UP, Humphrey Milford, Oxford UP, 1917.
- Rounce, Adam: "Thomas Gray". In: Oxford Bibliographies Online: British and Irish Literature. 20 September 2012. Oxford: OUP, 2012.
- Starr, Herbert W.: A Bibliography of Thomas Gray, 1917-1951 [e-text]. Temple University Publications. Philadelphia: Temple UP, 1953.
- Thomson, Heidi: "Thomas Gray 1716-1771". 02 September 2010. A bibliography compiled by Heidi Thomson, School of English, Film, Theatre and Media Studies, Victoria University of Wellington.
- W[right]., C[harles].: A Catalogue, briefly descriptive, of Various Books, and Original Manuscripts, of The Poet Gray. London: W. Nicol, 1851. (Also Catalogue of a most interesting collection of Manuscripts and Books, of the Poet Gray)